Introducing an innovative and powerful method for developing your managers’ commercial awareness. Our Commercial Awareness Simulations & Workshops are probably the most interactive and engaging programmes on the market today, meaning you can at last say goodbye to traditionally dry ‘Chalk & Talk’ or death by PowerPoint commercial training.
A few years ago we were asked if it was at all possible to make commercial training interesting, engaging and even fun! We naturally rose to the challenge and developed a series of business simulations and games that not only captivated the attention of the participants but also help them to easily understand important commercial concepts.
Our commercial awareness simulations use advanced business simulations to immerse participants in a realistic commercial scenario where they are able to learn about business & finance through a ‘hands on’ and ‘learning by doing’ approach. They are placed in a commercial situation where they learn about the key concepts and factors that affect a commercial outcome.
They will see with their own eyes how various commercial decisions have an impact on the business, its results, its staff and even its customers – which in turn can have an effect on the businesses sales & turnover. In other words they will learn importance of making sound commercial decisions and how to become more aware of the impact they have across the business.
- The Financial Statements and their purpose
- How the business makes money
- How money flows around a business
- The importance of cash & cash flows
- How each department affects the overall financial results
- How different business decisions & strategies can have an impact on an organisations finances
- How financial issues can have an impact on business which business decisions & strategies are executed
- The main sources of Business Funding
- Commercial decision-making
- Commercial awareness
- Business strategy & commercial constraints
- The impact of commercial decisions on staff and customers
- Driving financial and operational efficiencies
- As a standalone workshop
- Integrated into your existing development programmes
- From 4 hours to 12 hours in total duration
- From 1 to 50 managers per simulation
- Online, On-site or Off-site
- Facilitated by Business Smart or by your own trainers
- Managers versus Scenario (assessment and self-study)
- Mangers in Team versus Team (workshops)
- Multiple complexity levels (New Managers to Senior Executives)
- Tailored and Bespoke Options available
“I was really pleased with the level of engagement the business simulation drove with the team...everyone got involved. Also, the system was so easy to set up & felt really reactive to the information & decisions the groups were making. I would say that if you want to create commercial insight, build a team or just have some good fun and competition this is a brilliant tool which I would recommend to anyone.” P.W. Controller, Coty Inc.
“It is obvious that the simulation is a great tool to get a feeling about the whole business, how it runs, how important to match customer expectations, capacity calculations and utilisation etc; and the last but not the least practical use of financial documents like P&L, Cash Flow and the Balance Sheet.” I.B., Regional Manager, Tate & Lyle
“The simulation was brilliant. This is an incredibly effective way to teach business” J.L., Six Sigma Manager, Cummins
“A very engaging and addictive simulation. I learnt a tremendous amount regarding what is required to lead a successful business” D.F., Senior Manager, LloydsTSB